* Green Effect PE & PLA 8oz / 225ml Recyclable and Compostable Hot Cups Double Wall - Case 500 - GREEN8OZDW
We present the Greenest 8oz Double Wall cups on the market! Compostable, Biodegradable, Recyclable and Made in the UK.
Biodegradable or Compostable cups are often marketed as eco-friendly, and they are. But only in a specific set of circumstances. We sell many of these cups from market leading brands such as Vegware, Biopak and Fiesta Green, however they contain a lining called PLA. This is a plant based plastic made from corn starch. It can be composted and it can biodegrade but it must be disposed of in a specialist compost waste stream and go for industrial composting. In a stadium, festival, theme park, university or similar type of closed loop environment where the binfrastructure is in place, then these are great. However, for coffee on the go this is a big problem, as they can be disposed of anywhere that paper is recycled. On a high street near a newspaper bin? That is fine! Finished your coffee as you reached the office? Stick it in the paper/cardboard bin. Finished your coffee as you reach home? The mixed recycling bin outside your home will do just fine, but also so will your home compost bin if you are setup for that too! Clever, huh?
These can also be custom branded with your logo or branding on. Get in touch to discuss today.
Take steps towards an Earth-friendly hot drinks service by switching to these 8oz Green Effect double-wall, PE & PLA plastic-free hot cups. Made with an innovative aqueous lining, these cups are completely free from PE & PLA plastic.
- Capacity 225ml | 8oz
- Dimensions 95(H) x 80(Ø)mm
- Material Paper
- Weight 10g
- Colour - White with Stock design
- Fully compostable within 12 weeks in industrial composting sites
- Certified compostable according to the BS EN 13432 standard
- Contains no oil or plant-based plastics, instead using a water-based barrier coating solution
- The plastic-free design means the cups can be recycled in conventional UK mixed paper recycling streams
- Boasts a smaller carbon footprint than standard plastic-lined cups
- Made from sustainably sourced, FSC-certified paper
- More sustainable alternatives to traditional plastic-lined hot cups
- Suitable for temperatures up to 100°C
- The double-wall design keeps your drinks hot and customers' hands cool
- The double-wall construction means these cups require no additional cup sleeves
- Lids sold separately
Fiesta Recyclable Coffee Cup Lids Black 225ml / 8oz (Pack of 1000) - CW716
Fiesta Compostable PLA Cold Cups 454ml / 16oz (Pack of 1000) - FA343
Huhtamaki Pause Disposable Coffee Cups Double Wall 256ml / 9oz (Pack of 925) - FB587
240ml/8oz Kraft PLA-Lined Ice Cream BioCups | FSC™ Certified (Case of 1,000) - BB-BIC-8-UK
PLA Lids To Fit 12/16oz Art Series BioCups (Case of 1,000) - BCL-12PLA-UK
Fiesta Compostable Recycled Brown Paper Carrier Bags Medium (Pack of 250) - CF591
Kraft Double Wall 16oz Recyclable Hot Cups Fiesta - Case: 25 - GP438
Clear PLA Lids To Fit 240-960ml PLA BioBowls (Case of 500) - C-121-UK
12oz Double Wall Art Series BioCups (Case of 1,000) - BC-12DW-ART SERIES-UK
Fiesta Compostable Coffee Cup Lids 340ml / 12oz (Pack of 1000) - DS053