Go for Green is committed to enhancing its approach to responsible business.
We acknowledge that our operations have an impact on the global and local environment, and we are committed to continuous environmental improvement wherever possible. We comply with all national environmental legislation, and where practicable, try to improve upon statutory requirements.
As distributors, we strive to make sure that we purchase products that have been manufactured by companies that demonstrate environmentally sound methods and policies. We also store and distribute our products in the most efficient manner.
- Make sure audits are carried out on all new suppliers to ensure that their products are produced in compliance with all environmental legislation.
- Purchase goods and procure services, which as far as possible reflect up-to-date specifications or standards for environmental sustainability.
- Promote a culture of environmental responsibility throughout the company through training and education.
- Recycle or compost all of our operational waste where possible.
- Use Electronic Delivery methods for invoicing and communication where possible to reduce paper consumption.
- Take all reasonable steps to reduce energy consumption within the company switching off lights, and using energy efficient light fittings, where appropriate.
We believe that a responsible approach to business is not simply the right thing to do. It also:
- provides our customers with confidence that buying from Go for Green means buying products that minimise impacts and where possible provide benefits to people and places;
- improves our understanding of social and environmental issues and our ability to control or influence them;
- identifies business, raw material and energy efficiencies;
- opens doors to new markets;
- encourages innovation in our products;
- enhances our reputation and positive brand image;
- and, in time, allows us to become a sustainable business leader.
On a practical level we are:
- Developing a high level approach to strategic sustainability, including sustainable procurement, and;
- Enhancing our corporate social responsibility.