What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are placed on your computer when you visit a website.
- First party cookies are set by the site you have chosen to visit.
- Third party cookies are set by sites external to the one you are visiting.
- Session cookies expire when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies do not immediately expire and will remain on your computer until they reach their expiration date or you choose to remove them.
Why should I be concerned?
The E-Privacy Directive asks businesses to make their online customers aware of cookie usage, so that customers may opt out if they prefer. Cookies are not computer programs and they cannot spread viruses. They cannot access other information stored on the users computer in order to get a user's email address for example.
Go for Green recommends that you accept cookies from our site, as you will not be able to use our online shopping service without them, or would prevent Go for Green from making future improvements to services based on tracked visitor behaviour.
However, if you wish to disable our cookies it can be achieved via your browser settings.
To find out more about managing cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org.
What cookies does Go for Green use?
Go for Green use first party cookies to :
- provide a shopping service such as logging in to your account, remembering the contents of your basket and remembering your details whilst going through checkout.
- track visitor numbers, paths and sales anonymously to ensure that we can supply a fast and efficient shopping service.
We use third party cookies to:
- track sales where the visitor was referred from external sites.
- track video views.